COTTAGE Computerisation Update
Background: Since 1985 when Geoff wrote our first CAD package on an ancient pre Windows HP 86B, we have come along way. He followed this up with ACUDRAFT drafting mathematics which he programmed on a hand held Sharp calculator. This was used by drafters around Australia in the pre-CAD era. Subsequently, he went on to introduce Databuild estimating and Drafix / Autosketch to the West Australian housing industry, handing the agencies to Paul Jackson with whom he had co-developed many of the enhancement macros, when our Queensland office required his services full time.
Moving On: Six years ago we employed our IT Manager Dave Sayers to further our software development. From that point Geoff and Dave have introduced the following in house software:
- Job Book / Allocation and Management system for Contours, Re-Pegs, and Set Outs etc.
- Web Site for online ordering and client job tracking ( including Hand On to engineers )
- Accounts package that links our Job Book invoicing to MYOB
- XML hands free invoicing for customers who have XML data capacity
- Currently they are developing a Strata / Sub Division management system that will be web accessible and make the whole process easier for clients
- Future software will greatly enhance our ability to further service our clients the unfortunate reality being that it all takes massive input and considerable time